Teaching Your Basset Hound to Walk on a Leash
1. Put your basset in his leash with a flat buckle collar.
2. When he pulls, stop and wait to relax and clearance to enter the belt. The second this happens, say “Yes” and try, then keep walking.
3. Repeat until the Basset Hound Realizes that if he pulls, not get anywhere, but if he relaxes he will receive a treat and get to keep walking.
4. Add the verbal cue “Let’s go” when it is clear that he understands.
5. If you’re Basset pulls when he sees another dog or anything else you want, turn around, walk to another direction and say, “Come.” Then mark “Yes!”
and treat to come along.